Friday, June 8, 2012

School's Out for Summer

Yesterday was the last day of school.  It was a very emotional day.  Yes, I always get excited for summer break.  An opportunity to travel and see more of the world.  This summer I am heading over to Europe (Zurich, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, and Prague), and out west to Sedona, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon.  It sure will be an exciting summer full of adventures.  I have a passion for travel and I share that passion with my students in the classroom.  As excited as I am for summer, I really do miss the children.  I love teaching, and I especially love the spring when I get to complete many projects with my students who have gained in independence.  Over the last month of school my students were able to create PowerPoint Presentations, investigate and discover new things in science, write persuasive reviews on a variety of subjects, and spend a lot of time integrating technology into everyday lessons.  But alas, as summer is officially here, I will now spend my time researching ideas for next years class and feel confident that I fully prepared a classroom of 2nd graders to head to 3rd grade!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment